Saturday, December 16, 2006

Photo Day

Jeff and I planned to go out to the barn and try and shoot some goofy engagement type photos on the horses. We were going to just do the tripod and remote thing but he asked his friend Andy to shoot instead. He's a bit of a photographer so all the better. It happened that we stopped at KFC on the way so there was some popcorn chicken to go around. While Andy and Jeff walked down to the creek to take a look at the sights, Cody ate one and decided he didn't care for any more. Kalani and Beau spit theirs out. Corey and Kiko ate theirs. And Axel chased me down trying to eat the box out of my hand.

We decided to just get on bareback with bridles and ride out in the first pasture so the other horses would stay out of our way. Cody was pretty well behaved for once. It's a bit of a fight to get him to turn away from the herd but I tried to stop yanking on his face the instant he gave in to go my way. He also trotted a bit and it was pretty darn smooth, easy to sit bareback. Andy wanted us to gallop so he could shoot it but there was no way I was going to get Cody going. He's really bumpy when he gets moving. And when Axel took off in a medium trot, Jeff nearly fell off. So the galloping was just not going to happen. After goofing around for a while and shooting some pictures, Andy jumped on Axel and walked around a bit. His first time on a horse since he was 3. He did pretty well considering we didn't give him a saddle. I think he was a little surprised I was able to give him a leg up in the first place.

So we're a little late for Christmas cards so we'll probably do Christmas/new year/engagement/save the date type cards. It looks like Snapfish only has one option for save the date cards, so I'll have to look around and see if I can find something better. Or I suppose we could print them ourselves. I hope Andy just burns me a CD of all the images from today.

No comments: