Sunday, January 14, 2007

Freezing Ride

I got up and shoveled the drive way and I was thinking it was pretty nice out. Sunny and warm and what better day to go out to the barn. As I was driving there I passed one of those billboards with the time and temperature that said it was 23F. I called Tricia and she agreed to meet me at the barn. I had her ride Cody this time to see what she thought of him. I rode Axel bareback and we headed down the road. Trotting bareback in the round pen seems so much safer than out on the road or in deep snow where the trot is extra bumpy. But otherwise Axel was just fine. Cody gave Tricia some troubles but just from looking you wouldn't have guessed it. She was able to correct him almost the second before he tried to act dumb. The wind was getting really cold so we headed back. On the drive home, Tricia called me to tell me it was -1F. Apparently that 23F must have been in the sun or something. Brrrr.

No comments: