Saturday, May 19, 2007

Saturday Afternoon

It was supposed to storm today so I sat around the house until 1pm. It just didn't drop an ounce of rain so I went out to the barn. Things were pretty mellow. I was surprised to find everyone up in the paddock just hanging out. I figured they'd all be grazing in the pasture. I groomed Cody and Axel a bit, mostly just to scratch all those itches the stable flies have caused. I decided not to ride but instead take Corey out for a walk. He's maybe going to be a therapy horse this fall so he needs a little practice. Some people walk their dogs down the road, I walked a horse. Corey did really well, he was excited to look around and see all the sights but he didn't spook at all. And he followed directions pretty well. Walk on, walk up, trot, easy, and whoa. He's got a pretty vertical trot so that will be interesting to lead. Shouldn't be anything different than Ruger already at WCR.

After our walk I picked up the tack room. One of the saddle racks fell off the wall again. So I put that stuff away and then I just hung out for a while. I didn't take too many photos, just a couple including this one of Axel. His winter coat is almost gone and he's getting black again. Who knows how long that'll last though.

I've got an appointment for the chiropractor to come out on Thursday and see Cody. He says it'll just take a half hour so hopefully I can get up to WCR in time. I just hope Cody does well with the adjustment. I'm going to have to make sure the rest of the herd is up in the paddock so he doesn't get all worked up. That won't help anything. I hope the adjustment helps him out too, he still tenses up when I saddle him along with his left shoulder being sore.

No comments: