Friday, July 13, 2007

Sticky Horses

It's been a while since I've been out to see the horses. No lesson this week, Tricia was away. So Steph and I went down the road with Kalani and Axel. Kiko's hooves are split so she won't be going on the road until we get her shod. Axel was his usual lazy slow self and Kalani wasn't much better. Well I stand corrected, Kalani isn't slow. He's sticky. He stops and will not go. When he does go he can really move out nicely but when he gets stuck it's for good. Steph finally added spurs and a crop to her person but I think he pretty much ignored the spurs. She was a little freaked out on what his reaction would be to the crop especially since we were on the road so she skipped trying that out.

It was super windy but Kalani did pretty well with that. I like riding in the wind, especially Axel. Since he goes so slow, the wind makes me feel like we're going really fast! Our future plans include some trailer loading and unloading lessons, a trip or two down to the state trail for some trial trail riding, and of course the We Can Ride trail ride fund raiser. All that and a wedding of course!

No comments: