Saturday, January 03, 2009

Just a Visit - A New Barn

Went out to the barn today to visit the boys. It was warm-ish and I thought maybe I'd ride. But when I got out there it just wasn't going to happen. So I just groomed both boys and cleaned the ice out of their hooves. Everyone was pretty mellow, standing in the pasture just chillin' out. The wind was coming up and it was starting to rain a bit and there was snow predicted so I didn't stay too long.

Yesterday I went out to see the barn that I found on Craigslist. I've decided to board Cody and Axel there. In the grand scheme of things it doesn't have all the fancy amenities that some of the other barns had but most of the amenities are things I probably wouldn't utilize too often. It's 2 miles from our house and it has an indoor arena. They feed hay and grain twice a day and they'll feed Axel his supplement. They have 5 or so pastures and they have the horses divided into small groups with a total of 8 horses right now. They have enough stalls for all the horses so if it gets really cold they bring in everyone even if they are on pasture board. It's pretty much just a private residence so very similar to what I'm used to right now with some added bonuses. I think it'll be an easier transition than going to a big full fledged boarding barn with 40 horses. And did I mention it's 2 miles from our house? So needless to say I'm excited to get the boys moved and be able to see them more often and ride a lot more. Poor boys, they don't know what they are getting into.

No comments: