Thursday, May 23, 2013

Axel's Scratches


Another quick trip to the barn.  Really looking forward to the mud drying up someday. The boys have been out on pasture for a little bit every day.  They were turned out while I was dealing with Axel.  When I turned him out he ran out until he could see them at the far end of the pasture and then just stopped to eat grass.  Lazy bones.

I ended up just hosing Axel's legs really well, spraying him with the blue stuff (CHG), letting him dry while I groomed, walked him down the driveway, and then spraying him with J's WD40 on her recommendation.  Apparently she was actually going to do that all herself this afternoon as she noticed he had a pretty decent case of scratches.  After hosing though they weren't as bad as they looked. Still pretty scabby but the mud made it look a million times worse.

I might go ride or work with Book(g)er tomorrow or something, who knows.


No comments: