Wednesday, October 19, 2016

There are still horses in my yard

After two full weeks of the eye meds Axel's eye went from getting better to getting worse. So we're back on bute for the pain so I can actually get the drops in and another two weeks of both drops. The vet said if he was in the hospital they'd put the antibiotics in once an hour so as often as I can get out there and put them in is best. At least with more attempts I'm bound to get more meds in, right? Also we switched from whatever the original antibiotic was to Cipro. So maybe a shake up there will help.

It's hard to tell since I see him every day (multiple times) but I think he's gaining weigh. Pretty sure he's butt cheeks are touching again. Still needs some topline work but if I ever get to Marshall to pick up that ration balancer that is supposed to help. (originally I ordered what I thought was right but it turned out to b some mineral instead, no harm done just not the right stuff)

I am looking forward (and I'm sure Axel is to) his eye being healed up so I only have to feed them and groom them and all that instead of making enemies. Though they might miss all the extra treats (bribes).

I also picked up some Back on Track knee boots to try out on the old man. Supposed to help keep the blood flowing and reduce swelling and increase mobility in his joints. I might have to get some quick wraps as well to help hold them up, depends on how much SMBs are if I find those instead.
Cody and Axel Live Here 10/18

No comments: