Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Let's go to the dentist!

Okay, the dentist actually came to us. While waiting for the farrier and the dentist to arrive yesterday I took a few photos and videos. We have a big race car tire in the pasture that's been mostly neglected (as far as I can tell). I wandered out there and re-inflated it (okay well I just popped out the sides so it was it's full size) and all of a sudden this was the best toy in the universe.

Let's play with the tire!


Kalani bonks Cody with the tire:


Then the dentist arrived and the fun had to stop. I didn't get any good photos because there really wasn't anything to see. The vet works mostly by feel. Both Cody and Axel hadn't ever had their teeth done. After fixing some horrible caudal hooks and some wavemouth, they were good as new, but still dopey. The farrier got a break and was able to trim both my horses while they were still drugged. :) Cody wasn't terribly thrilled with this whole ordeal. He had to be drugged twice.

I can't wait to see if there's an attitude changes after all this. The insides of Cody's cheeks were all callused and his gums were abscessed a bit. No wonder he doesn't appreciate being bridled.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey! look at you all engaged and stuff! I'm here in good ole upstate ny alive and well. The kids doin great. She's trying to buy herself a horse this year. Me... I'm a barn manager that knows nothing about barns. I clean the shit outta them though and becky gives lessons on the weekends and works for with the equine center during the week. I get the kid on the bus at 7 and I'm off to feed 24 horses and then clean up after them. I've never loved any job as much as I love this one.

so I was thinking about you tonight as I was trying to go to sleep (big NYC trip this weekend) and I thought I'd see how things were. If I could remember my email password I'd email you.. but yeah I don't.

Hope you guys are doin great! looks like you are!

~scotty