Sunday, April 26, 2009

2009 Horse Expo

"New" BootsThe MN Horse Expo was this weekend and I spent Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from open to nearly close at the fairgrounds. I set up and opened the We Can Ride booth on all three days and on Friday and Saturday closed down the booth for the evening. Hit the rodeo on Friday with Steph and her dad, sidewalked for the demo on Saturday, and walked around with Tricia and her dad on Sunday. In between I attended all of the Stacy Westfall presentations and was very impressed. I have quite a few notes on some of the stuff she went over. She had a session on "Teaching Whoa" so I paid close attention to that one since I can't seem to get Cody to stand still for more than a second after I ask for a whoa. She showed some patterns she likes to use while riding and even went over a bit on how to teach the horse to spin. There was another presenter that I watched a few times and got some different riding pattern ideas from him but by far Stacy Westfall's presentations were the most useful. Now of course I just have to go out and get them to work for my horses! Watch out boys, I have new tools in my tool box!

So on top of all the good information I picked up I also did a bit of shopping. Came home with some $175 boots used for $25, two 23' lead ropes to use for lunging as well as long lining and ground driving, this year's vaccinations, and a lint brush. So as far as I'm concerned it was a successful expo!

No comments: