Saturday, March 05, 2011

Sunny Winter Day

rDSC_4361

It ended up getting a lot warmer today then I thought it was going to and the sun was shining so after running some errands I made it out to see the boys. I ended up bringing the real camera out though I'm not entirely impressed by my results. Try, try again I suppose.

I groomed Cody in the cross ties and then had him do just a handful of circles and change of direction before we went for a walk down the road (after he got in a roll of course). He was his usual self, speeding up to get in front of me but listening when I said "easy." He was a bit concerned with cars again so we did quite a few laps back and forth in front of the pasture and the neighbor's yard. We made it past the drive way and to the end of the other pasture with only one freak out because some dumba** thinks it's okay to dive 65mph on a gravel road. I don't blame Cody one bit for that freak out. Cody2 is now in the pasture with Steele so there was some playing going on there and my Cody wanted to get in on it so he was a bit distracted.

I brought him back into the arena to have him free lunge a bit more while I tried to take some videos. I decided maybe I'd bring in Axel to play as well. Of course Cody went from warm and slightly damp to sweating in the two minutes he stood there alone while I got Axel out of the pasture. Both boys together didn't really want to play too much and Axel was pretty dirty from laying in the snow and hay. I put Cody in the cross ties with a wool blanket and put Axel in the other set of ties. I figured maybe Cody would be calm enough to cool down while I groomed.

rDSC_4368

Axel stood like a champ while Cody tried to do his best to pace while tied up. Needless to say he didn't really dry off much. Luckily it was still sunny out so I scrubbed him as dry as I could with the blanket. I left Axel in the arena while I brought Cody out. Axel didn't turn the radio on this time but when I came back in he was standing with his foot on the bottom rung of the gate. He wasn't stuck luckily just impatient. I had thought about walking him down the road but it was getting late and the pregnant lady needed a rest room so it was back out in the pasture for the big woolly bear.

No comments: