Friday, August 10, 2012

Seriously.

Orange pony
That horse is going to be the death of me, well both of them actually. So he was a little tender in the drive way but nothing unusual and in the arena he was a tiny bit off but it was one of those things where you can't tell if he's just being lazy or if he really hurts. We trotted and cantered a bit so I think he was just lazy. Worked on some leg yielding from the quarter line to the rail. And I rode with the whip so we worked on just plain moving when asked. When I got off he refused to leave the arena. I finally got him on the cement and he parked out like his feet really hurt. Pretty much like he was several years ago when we had to shoe him. I was able to inch him forward a bit and put his boots on. I figured since he was sound riding and N was coming out later I'd just leave the boots on in the pasture for the day or two. Got half way down the driveway and he parked out again. What the heck horse! So now I'm really starting to worry. And then he pees. Seriously. Dang that horse. So I took his boots off and put him back in the pasture. I tell ya. Anyway he had his fly mask off again, but it was really close this time. He ripped a hole in it though. Still usable. I had thought about leaving that off and taking Axel's off for the day since N was going out soon but the flies were so bad I put Cody's back on and left Axel's on as well.
Axel and his friend

2 comments:

Christine said...

So! Did you find a solution to the problem or was it just a stubborn horse for the day? :)

Elise said...

We ended up shoeing him for the rest of the season and that seems to have helped a lot. That and making sure he doesn't have to pee before walking him somewhere, heh.