Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Spring TLC for Axel

Spent a little time getting Axel cleaned up. Scraped a small horse's worth of hair off him (still waiting for my furminator to arrive). I clipped up his back legs and dyed them blue. Heh okay not really. We decided to go a little cheaper this year and got some dairy cattle teat dip. Same ingredients as the hibi-clens I was using but a lot cheaper. Might be a little lower concentration but hopefully it'll still do the trick. This stuff is dyed blue so you can see where you've sprayed so now Axel has blue socks on his back feet.
I put Axel in the arena for a bit as well and chased him around a bit, though it certainly didn't take much encouragement on my part to get him moving. He trotted out a little lame at first and then just went wild and nearly sound. His canter is especially sound (at least comparatively). I hate when he does this, makes me really want to ride him. I should keep letting him stretch his legs in the arena as much as possible, keep the old man moving.

No comments: