Sunday, December 18, 2005

Chilly Sunday

Didn't do any riding today. But I did try the saddle on the boys to see how it fit. I think it'll fit ok except for the fact that it looks like a pea on a pumpkin. Little saddles on big horses is kind of silly looking. It doesn't look quite as small on Cody. I think maybe in the summer when everyone is a little more sleak looking it'll look a lot better.

Two reasons Axel got himself hurt, one he insists on standing under the trees. Nearly every time I go out there he's standing under the tree. I dunno if he's hiding or what. It's kind of cute though. The other reason, Corey still chases him around. How a 14hh Arab can bully a 16hh QH is beyond me. I wasn't fast enough to get a good photo of them running in the snow, I was more concerned with not getting run into. Hehe.

I put a little topknot in Axel's forelock to keep the hair out of his wound. It didn't look much different today, the cold weather is keeping it from bleeding. Hopefully it'll heal alright. He doesn't seem to mind, he was even trying to scratch his head on some pine needles while I was there.

No comments: