Wednesday, December 14, 2005

A New Saddle

Watch out boys, I've gotten a new saddle. I went to the WCR saddle sale last night, partly to help out where needed, and partly to see if they had anything I liked. I had been tempted to go and buy a wintec english saddle because they're cheap, but in all reality I don't really care for them, they are synthetic. I am glad I waited. For about the same price (probably cheaper) I got a nice used leather saddle. So now I just hope the girth I have fits Axel. I know it should fit Cody but Cody doesn't seem like he would like to go riding alone with me. So this weekend I'll go see if Axel wants to go for a quick little ride and try out the english saddle. I'll probably use the western saddles still for trail rides and longer rides. But the english will be nice to have for practicing some things from my lessons and maybe see if Axel would be willing to do some dressage or jumping in the future.

From the looks of it, we'll be riding through some snow drifts this weekend. I better dig out my snow pants.

No comments: