Monday, December 26, 2005

Day After Christmas

Axel's head is starting to look better. Atleast it's scabbed over now. Hopefully he'll be all healed up in the next week or so. He looks so sad with his big scabby forehead. I took his little pony tail out, so he was a little curly for a while. I ended up grooming both Axel and Cody while I was at the barn. They are both getting pretty good at picking up their feet. Next I'll work on getting them to pick up all 4 feet with me standing on one side, instead of walking to the other side to do those feet. Then Axel and I went on a quick ride once around the pasture so I could try out my new saddle on him. After that I put Beau in the barn so he could eat some hay in peace. While I was waiting for him to finish his snack I went and gave everyone some treats and did some carrot stretches with them. All the horses were really good at it, all of them kept their feet where they belong and both Cody and Kalani's neck cracked. They looked pretty pleased with themselves after that.

I stood around and watched them hang out for a while, Kalani looked pretty bored. He was standing in the manure pile afterall. So I put a halter on him and we practiced leading and stopping and tying. He did really well. Hopefully we'll get some more practice in with him and the rest of the horses.

No comments: