Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Day 3 of Horse Camp

We decided that he adults needed to get up early and go for a ride with no children. This was our longest ride of the week, still only 2.5 hours though. We chose the trail the long way around the meadow we had rode in the night before. I think 2.5 hours might be my limit for sitting in a saddle, atleast right now. Anything more than that and I bet I wouldn't be able to walk much after. When we returned to camp we had some lunch and tended to the horses. Anne went out in the afternoon with the kids while I stayed at camp. Cody and Axel needed a break and so did I.

Before dinner some of us rode down to Beers lake. The trail there was a bit more difficult than any we had been on so far. Very rocky and narrow in places. Our plan was go to swimming so I was wearing shorts, sandles, and no helmet. Luckily I decided to use a saddle and not go bareback. Halfway there we ran into Tara and her son. They were going to meet us at the water but couldn't find it. So we doubled up again to ride the rest of the way. This time Axel did double duty with two adults. I don't imagine he was overly impressed with me at that point. We made it to the water and did a little swimming. The boys were pretty much the only two of that group that wanted to get in the water so everyone took turns riding them while they splashed around. After dinner the other campers went out to swim while Anne brought her mom's horses and the kids home.

No comments: