Saturday, June 24, 2006

No Rest For the Wicked

After We Can Ride today Tricia and I went out and rode her's and her fiance's horses. We just wandered around between the fields for a while. We swapped horses half way through so I could try out the saddle I am borrowing from Steph for the trip. She has a very nice saddle and it is very comfortable.

After riding there we went out to the barn to ride Cody and Axel. It was starting to look a little gloomy and was thundering a bit but we went for it anyways. Tricia tried Steph's saddle on Axel and man does it look good. I'll have to get photos of it for sure, it's a dark reddish brown and matches his black hair well. I had a ride on Cody in the saddle I might buy. It turned out to be a pretty comfortable saddle. We took it easy and just walked the whole ride with the exception of the big hill. I missed it but I guess Tricia asked for a real canter up the hill and Axel let out a full fledged buck instead. Hehe. Goofy Axel will hop up the hill until he's about 2 strides from the top and then he gives up and walks. Walking behind him I could see that he's really starting to get some muscle definition in his hind end, that was nice to see. We made it back up to the barn and turned out the horses. About a minute after we got in the car to head home, it started pouring down rain like crazy. I guess we have some pretty good timing.

I told the boys to rest up tonight, they're in for a long trip tomorrow and lots of riding this week. Hopefully we can all handle it.

No comments: