Saturday, September 30, 2006

Trying out the New Saddle

Got a new saddle and tried it out today. Surprised me when it was actually a tad bit wide! My big boy found a saddle too wide. Luckily wide is much better than not wide enough. I put a couple thin pads on and I think that was just enough. Unfortunately the humane girth I borrowed to try out the saddle was a bit big. Who thought I'd need something smaller than a 36" girth. I might need something more like a 28" if you can believe that. And maybe black leathers would be a good thing. ;)

I was actually out at the barn for a staff party for WCR so I was just out to ride a few minutes to try out the saddle. I left my helmet at home and my girth was too big. Wouldn't try this on any other horse but Axel, that's for sure. But we made it around the pasture a few times and he was actually pretty decent. Especially since Tuesday he was a real pain, and he did stomp in protest as I was mounting. Hopefully this saddle will fit better than my AP saddle.

We ended up using 7 of the photos we took of Beau and put them in a big picture frame for his owner's birthday. He was very happy about them. He tried to give Beau some birthday cake but Beau was more interested in the hay and his grain. Even Kalani didn't want any cake. Axel was no where in sight at that point, my guess is that he would have loved a piece of cake.

I can't wait for our dressage lesson on Tuesday.

No comments: