Saturday, February 17, 2007

Long Time No See

Man it feels like ages since I've been out to the barn. It's been a few weeks at least. It's amazing how much manure piles up when the horses are confined to the small pasture and paddock instead of the summer when they can go in the bigger pastures. Someone give us a mini tractor, please! Hehe.

I had a WCR meeting this afternoon so as long as I was sort of near the area I swung by the barn to visit the horses and deliver my collection of apples. Since I hadn't been to the barn in ages I had a pile of apples, I don't think the horses minded. I let Beau in the barn so he could hang out, his favorite place to be.

I was going to halter up Cody and Axel but I decided to just groom them out in the pasture. Everyone always looks so bored in the winter, just standing around doing nothing, trying to soak up the sun. Luckily both Cody and Axel didn't have big wind knots in their manes so they were easy to groom. It didn't seem like either of them had been laying in the snow recently either. So I just ran a brush over them and picked out their feet. I hung around for a little while but the wind was pretty chilly. It's supposed to be in the 30's on Monday and I have the day off of work. I'll probably meet Tricia and go for a ride. We might have to goof around in one of the fields near by, the road is still really icy and/or rocky. I'm looking forward to spring, at least the sun is finally out past 4pm. I won't have to do my dressage lessons in the dark any more.

No comments: