Thursday, November 01, 2007

Still riding in the bean field

So last night we booked out to the barn to do some riding. It's getting dark faster and faster so we can't waste any time. Jeff came along to shoot some video instead of his bow this time. Tricia brought Oly over again. He's getting a whole lot of good practice trailering with and without a buddy and standing quietly waiting. He's a lucky horse. Cody needs that practice for sure. So eventually I'll have some more video to post. Hopefully good enough video that won't get eaten by YouTube. We worked on some circles and figure 8s. Axel has forgotten how to turn. He has a real issue when there's other horses around doing other things, he stops listening to me and chips in all the corners to try and get near the other horse. Or try and menace Oly by pinning his ears at him. But we probably have some video of Axel trotting a little, bending a little, pretending to frame up a little, and even cantering a little. He was feeling pretty cranky though, lots of little kicks and tossing his head. Probably several factors contributing to that; he might be sore from Sunday, he might be sore and need the chiropractor (someone buy my car so I can afford the chiro visit), he might be sore from trying to frame up for the first time in several months. He was pretty willing to canter, I wonder if he's finally figured out he isn't totally unbalanced or if it just hurts less to canter. I'm looking forward to seeing the video. Jeff also got some video of Kiko cantering and then bucking. Should be very entertaining.

When we got back we fed and de-wormed everyone. Cody is kind of a pill when it comes to de-worming, or doing anything that involves going at his face. I can never put anything like sun screen on his nose, he tries to rear up a little as he did last night. Not sure why that bothers him so much. So that all reminds me to update my horse records for all their shots and stuff. And it reminds me to stop rambling so much and make real posts!

The long awaited video from Jeff. I was just going to post some clips (which I may still do) but Jeff made us a little music video instead. Sorry it was really dark out now that Daylight Saving Time is over. And Axel isn't really the overgrown pony he looks like in this video.

No comments: