Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Boarding Woes

So there's a boarding barn maybe 6 miles from my house. I'm very interested in boarding there. I haven't visited the facility yet so I'm not totally decided but 6 miles away is hard to pass up. The pasture board is $100 more a month (total) than I'm paying right now. But I'd save gas. But it doesn't look like they feed grain to the pasture horses which makes it difficult for Axel to get his supplement.

I emailed them to find out about boarding my horses there but their pasture board isn't ready yet and won't be until spring. They can put me on a waiting list or set up a paddock for me. The paddock board is $200/month more than I pay now (total) but includes grain twice a day.

Oh but they have a multiple horse discount (which I'm finding most places do) but it's only $10 (which I'm finding is normal).

So I'm really going to have to figure this out and start touring some barns. Do I pay $200 extra per month for the super convenience and nice amenities? Or do I keep driving a ways to see the horses, not have quite as good amenities and pay what I'm paying now?

Figuring this out is going to suck and I only have about a month since I have to find a place and arrange for them to be moved on Feb. 1. Eep!

No comments: