Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Old Friends

Fancy Pants


After nearly 4 years we finally got CJ to stop down and visit the horses last night. We rode around a bit in the arena and then headed out down the road for a ways. We didn't go for long since Jeff was back waiting at the barn for us. Luckily I got him to take a few photos (gotta use every trick in the book).

Cody was slow as usual, apparently that's just his new speed. I noticed he was much more willing to back up for CJ than he is for me (seems to always be the case). We trotted a bit and then cantered down the road for a little ways. Axel started to drop his head (in a bad way) right as I was about to ask him to walk anyway so we lucked out there. When we got back to the barn we goofed around a bit more. CJ tried to get Cody to canter. He kept picking up the right lead going left. I asked for Axel's canter from a walk again. He gets it, just doesn't necessarily get the correct lead and he doesn't get more than a stride before he stops. But at least he knows what I'm asking.

I had picked up some more fly spray so when we were done and Axel had his roll in the arena we sprayed the horses and put them back outside. Cody did do some yawning after we were done but not before so I think that's a good sign. CJ thought he looked good weight wise though I'd still like him to put on a bit more. Overall it was a success and neither horse acted like an idiot. I'm still trying to get more information about Axel. Once again I was told he was a twin and CJ swears he has seen a photo somewhere of Rose, the other twin. I'd love to see a baby photo of Axel so hopefully I can get my hands on that sometime. I still don't believe he's a twin but we'll see. I really just need Axel's parentage and maybe I could do some research.

What's so funny?

No comments: