Thursday, October 22, 2009

Taking Measurements

Axel Conformation copy


It is really hard to take conformation photos of a horse by yourself. So these aren't the greatest but at least they should a little bit of the horses's body condition. I'd really like to get more weight on Cody and get his butt back to where it used to be. I took a couple shots from behind him and he's pretty hollow these days.

I took photos of all their hooves side, front, and bottoms since they just got trimmed, unfortunately I was too lazy to clean off most of the mud so yet another half-assed attempt on my part. I also measured both horses with the weight tape and the height stick. Though the lengths I ended up with seem a bit fishy.

Axel=1172lbs, HG 196cm, Length 186cm (1385lbs if you use an equation)
Cody=952lbs, HG 181cm, Length 186cm (1181lbs if you use an equation)

Cody Conformation copy


After grooming and doing all this I watched J&J and another guy work on a horse that's going to the sale this Sunday. She's a little nutty. It'll be interesting to see if they get her sold.

No comments: