Thursday, October 01, 2009

Drive By

Waiting for dinner


It was just a quick "drive by" style visit last night. I wanted to spy and see about the new boarders, well and check on my ponies of course! Note to self - resume giving MSM and extra food individually in a bucket. I thought I could give both horses some extra feed and Axel his MSM in their feeder. Well Axel ate most of Cody's food and Cody probably got more than half of Axel's MSM. So yeah, back to the bucket on that one.

I had a few more minutes before I had to leave for Ballet so I grabbed Axel, walked him around the arena a bit and then hopped on bareback. There was some minor tail swishing (that continued after I was dismounted so probably unrelated) but he seemed to be feeling good and moved out at the walk. He appreciated the attention I paid to his itchy spots afterwards.

The new horses were moved in, J said a day early but I swear she told me they'd be around on Wed. So who knows. Dallas and Riley I think are their names, two geldings of the QH/Paint variety. Right now they are in with Vinny and Jessie went in with Diva and Dolly. It looked like Dallas was chasing Vinny around a bit while I was there but it didn't seem too volatile. J still wants to get Vinny out with the big boys in the back pasture. They moved my trailer up by the house and put the new trailer next to the barn. The new folks trail ride a lot so they just keep their tack in their trailer so it's easier if they're closer. Eventually J said they'd move their small trailer next to their camper and make room for my trailer with the others. But we'll be taking it to the farm this winter to work on it so everything is just temporary right now.

No comments: