Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Long Time No See

Axel doesn't look too shabby either

I ran out to the barn tonight to visit the boys and make sure everyone's appendages were still attached and all that. Axel has some lumps on his face again and I'm starting to think he gets this after it rains, maybe there's some gnats or flies that hatch in the rain and bite. His knee was looking pretty swollen as well but as usual it wasn't hot or even warm. After I groomed him and picked 3 wood ticks out of his forelock I put some DMSO on his knees. The last couple times I've used it he seems to move a little better afterwards. I have to pay off some of the repairs on the trailer and then order his Adequan and some Surpass. I'm also thinking of getting some denatured collagen II (supplement) to try since the recent research article in The Horse. I'm tempted to find a supplement that has MSM, collagen, and HA and put him back on that but ug, it's all so expensive especially since I like the pellet versions best.

Cody is looking mighty fine these days

When Axel was done I grabbed Cody and brought him in to clean him up a bit. He didn't have a single wood tick so I'm not sure what Axel gets into that Cody doesn't. I decided not to ride tonight and just got him cleaned up and both ponies sprayed with fly spray. I *will* fix fly masks this week, Cody's already got some scabs on his nose from sunburn. Not sure if Axel will keep his on but it's worth a try and maybe he'll get less lumps on his face.

No comments: