Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Still Winter

Gentleman Cody
Been out to the barn a couple times now and while the paddock is so hard, icy, and bumpy and makes all the horses walk like they are 3-legged lame, when I get them in the arena they move out well. The first time I got out there Cody did one of those crazy cat leg stretches on the way out of the paddock. I think standing on bumpy ice makes the old men a little stiff.
Black horse, dirty nose
These last two times I went out I didn't ride at all, just let the boys stretch out a bit. The second time it was sunny so everyone was a little more interested in snoozing than running and rolling.
Old fashioned Cody
As soon as this super cold streak breaks a bit I bet they'll be happy to do some rolling in the sand. And I picked up my "new-to-me" dressage saddle which I'm hoping fits Cody at least enough for a few rides before he's maybe retired.

No comments: