Thursday, August 15, 2013

Long distance horse-keeping

Well we're still trucking along.  This past weekend I went to get more horse feed only to find out the farm store hadn't restocked yet.  We're good til this coming weekend so I called today and bought some over the phone and someone will go pick it up for the boys.  We also went to a little threshing party and since their oats were kind of green they need to get them fed ASAP, so I guess I'll have a few bags of oats for the boys as well.



Other than that, there was nothing too terribly interesting to report.  I had planned on cleaning out the silo shed but we spent all day playing with a threshing machine so that didn't happen - maybe next time.  I have big plans for the existing shelves and cabinets as well as adding some saddle racks.  I ordered some zip up saddle covers so my saddles aren't exposed to the elements once we put everything away.  Can't decide if I'm worried about theft or not yet.  I suppose with them being fed twice a day someone is out there quite often to check on things.  I'll have to take some inventory photos for future reference just in case.

Haji is doing well and gaining weight, slowly but surely.  Cody and Axel are more attached at the hip than ever but they hang out with Haji as well so that's nice.  The three of them are usually not out of eyesight of each other.

No comments: