Friday, August 02, 2013

Our First Ride and Tie Training Session

Last week Thursday we met out at the barn to go for a little run/ride.  Our plan is to do this at least once a week.  There aren't any actual Ride and Tie races in Minnesota that we've found so we're just going to Ride and Run for now.  I started out running and N rode Booker and we went down to the town hall, not quite a mile.  Then we swapped and ran back to the barn.  I have to say that was a long mile. I hadn't run for quite some time so it was a toughy and then add on the fact that we were talking while we did it.  I was still hurting on Monday.
Booker even had a hard time keeping up at the end.  He's been out of work for several weeks now so we were all in the same boat on this one.  Interestingly enough both of us had a much faster and more stable pace on this run.  Booker for the most part trotted the whole ride so we were pacing with him I guess.

So that's our latest adventure.  We're still planning on picking up a couple single action .45s and doing some mounted shooting, but I think we need to spend the winter working on some desensitization and various things.

No comments: