Saturday, November 12, 2005

Rainy Saturday

It was sort of nice out when I left the house this morning but by the time I got to the ranch it was raining. It wasn't raining too bad so I went and brought Cody up to groom. Corey and the girls followed us up but they got bored and left. That left just me and Cody and I think Cody thinks I'm invisible. He was very unhappy with being up there all alone. I couldn't get him to stand still tied so I decided maybe we could work in the round pen. My thought was that he could run around a bit and calm himself down then we could groom and all that fun stuff. Well he did run around but that was it. Around and around and around looking for his herd. Guess we've got a bit more work to do on that front.

So after I let Cody gallop down to his friends I went and got Axel. Atleast he knows I'm there. Hehe. I groomed him real quick and grabbed his bridle. We went into the round pen and after I got him to stand still for more than a second, I climbed up on a barrel and got on bareback. We probably just rode around for 10 minutes or so in the round pen. But I've never really ridden bareback so that was good enough for one day. It's pretty different being able to feel all the horse's movements. And let me tell ya, Axel may have a cubby butt but his spine is not!

Here's hoping for no rain tomorrow.

No comments: