Saturday, November 26, 2005

Snow!

Went out to the ranch today to visit with the boys. I thought maybe there'd be some horsin' around in the snow but everyone was pretty mellow, standing in the sun and napping. Cody and Corey were even eating together! Cody is really fitting into the herd. I think he might even be trying to inch himself higher in the rankings. Meanwhile, Axel seems to be a bit on the depressed side. He doesn't seem to hang out with the group as much.

When I got there today Axel was hiding behind a tree. I ended up grooming him right there, since he seemed prety comfortable. I groomed Cody in the pasture as well. When I brought out the Axel's bridle to go for a ride, Axel wised up and moved to the opposite side of the tree. I guess he didn't want to go for a ride. He actually went up to see if he could get some protection from Kalani. He did give in and we went for a quick ride around the pasture. Bareback is the only way to go when it's cold out, that's for sure.

After I had helped Jacque with her computer for a while I noticed Cody was actually laying down in the pasture, along with Rusty, and the rest of the horses standing by. I haven't seen either of the boys lay down yet, so that was pretty exciting. I ran out and took some photos. So Cody is definitely feeling at home. Oh, and Cody's leg is doing fine. He was being chased around a bit while I was there, and he wasn't limping at all. Jacque said after two days he seemed to be back in good shape.


No comments: