Sunday, April 16, 2006

Calm ride

As per our usual tradition, Tricia and I went out to ride after WCR on Saturday. Things are finally starting to dry up, it's surprising how quickly the paddock dried up considering how gross it was just the weekend before. Tricia brought her dressage saddle and I rode in my english saddle. I guess last weekend's ride was a little hairy for Tricia riding bareback. This time it was just Cody and Axel, no Corey. Cody did much better this time. He was a little hesitant leaving the main pasture but he didn't freak out or call back to the herd. He listened to me when I asked him to walk up the hill and we only had a few minor arguments about which direction we were going to go in. Tricia led the way and changed up our route a bit so the horses don't get set on a certain path every time. We cantered a few places, Cody was a bit excited about that and wasn't real collected but I guess Axel did really well. So overall it was a nice ride and a lot more calm than the weekend before. So I guess the plan is if Corey comes with us from now on, he's gotta stay in the back of the pack. I'm going to the farm with Jeff next weekend so I'll probably go out to see the boys during the week sometime after work. Maybe we'll play some more games with the big blue tarp.

No comments: