Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Weekday Visit

Drove out to visit the horses right after work today. Now that it's finally light out past 6 I actually have time to go out there. Ended up hanging out for a couple hours. I groomed Beau and took him for a walk down the road. After our walk I just let him hang out in the barn and munch on some hay. He seemed pretty hungry. I got out the shedding blade and went out in the paddock and groomed both Cody and Axel. There wasn't nearly as much hair coming off as on Saturday, which surprised me. But they're still fuzzy, especially Cody. All the other horses decided they wanted to be groomed as well. I can't leave anyone out so everyone got groomed a bit while I was there. I was kind of hanging out waiting to see if Tom would get home so I got out the camera and took a bunch of pictures as usual. I was standing on the fence when Corey came by so I sat on him for a while.

I decided sitting on the back of a horse with no reins was not a good place for me to be with my new camera so I hopped off and put the camera away. I grabbed my helmet and some clip on reins and Corey's halter. I rode him around bareback in the other pasture for a few minutes but he really didn't want to go for a ride, I think all the horses were more anxious for dinner. After fighting with Corey for a while I decided to ride Axel a bit. I wanted to see how he'd do with just a halter and clip on reins. It's quite the difference riding a little Arab and then riding big ole Axel. Axel and I managed to ride around the pasture a few times and even had a little trot. But it was pretty evil of me to make the horses ride around the pasture and not let them eat any of the grass. Poor guys have to wait probably another month before they can get on any grass.

No comments: