Friday, April 14, 2006

A Visit From the Vet

The vet was due out yesterday to do spring shots. I wasn't able to get out there during the day because of work so hopefully I won't have a couple cranky horses waiting for me on Saturday. It's only a couple needles. It'll hurt me more than them when the bill arrives! I haven't heard any updates on how it went. I said if there's time the vet could peek in their mouths and see what he thought about having their teeth floated. I'm not sure if they've ever been done and Cody seems to drop a lot of food and fuss with the bit a lot, could be a teeth issue. Having their teeth done will cost me an arm and a leg but it usually results in some happier horses when it's done (after the tranq wears off of course).

They've moved back the threat of rain until Saturday night so I might get another nice day of riding in after WCR. Two more weeks and we can probably put them out on the grass, and then we'll have some really happy horses on our hands. And some nicer pictures since we won't be standing knee deep in mud.

And in other horse news, WCR is going to take two of the lesson horses from my old lesson barn. And they're going to be out at the barn I work at on Saturdays, so I'll still get to see them. This photo is from last night, one of our new horses, Ruger. He did surprisingly well and was squaring up so nicely I had to get out the camera.

No comments: