Sunday, May 28, 2006

It's Hot

It's disgusting out today. 95F with who knows how much humidity. But I went out to the barn anywayas. With this trail ride coming up I want to keep the horses working so it won't be too much of a shock to get ridden for 4 days in a row. Unfortunately I didn't have anyone to ride with today so it was just me and Axel. I stopped on the way and picked up some fly spray and a new bit for Cody. Of course it doesn't seem like the fly spray actually does much. I let all the horses in the barn to get away from the bugs a bit. In the process I had a little adventure with the electric fence. Yeowch! I managed to get everyone's fly masks on except for Corey, he just kept running away from me.

Saddled Axel up and convinced him we were going on a ride. It was a pretty slow ride, took lots of convincing to keep moving. He wasn't nearly as forward as yesterday. But we made it through the woods and around the clearing once before heading back. After the ride I hosed him off a bit, avoiding his back legs, and then I sprayed him with Betadine again. He's gonna be orange forever it seems ;) Hopefully it'll cool down a bit for tomorrow. I'd like to take Cody out and see if Tom will go with on Corey, so Cody gets some time under saddle as well. I'm just not ready for a fight to take him out alone.

No comments: