Saturday, May 27, 2006

Uneventful Ride

No photos today. Had an uneventful ride this afternoon. But that is welcome, of course. Tricia rode Axel bareback and I rode Cody in my english saddle. Just did the usual ride through the woods. Tom had just mowed the trails so they were all cleaned up. When we got back to the front pasture we trotted around a bit and Cody and I even had a little canter. He didn't appreciate it much, he was ready to go hang out with his girlfriend. Luckily he was much calmer this weekend than last weekend.

Axel's legs are still a bit messed up from the mud fever but they're getting better and we keep spraying betadine on them so hopefully he'll be good as new soon. Right now they horses are locked out of the bottom pasture to keep them out of the mud as much as possible. Which isn't too bad of an idea anyways, gives the bottom pasture time to grow some grass for grazing later in the summer. Tom and his son were fencing off some more of the yard today as well so there'll be some good grazing this summer.

Only a few more weeks until the big trail ride, now dubbed "Horse Camp." I am going to try and keep riding as much as possible until then so the boys are ready to go. I am going to try and ride tomorrow and/or Monday. Dressage on Tuesdays. I won't be around next weekend so they'll get a vacation. Then there's the Parelli thing the weekend after, so probably another vacation. Should be able to ride the weekend after then I'll probably give them the 24th off because I think we're leaving on the 25th or 26th.

Just for fun I counted and Cody's been ridden 24 times and Axel 40 times since I bought them (Cody not as much because he doesn't want to leave the herd to go riding alone but Axel will).

No comments: