Tuesday, July 25, 2006

A Little Jumping

I tried to work with Cody a bit doing some of the Parelli stuff. He didn't quite understand what I was trying to do. Hopefully it'll go better on Saturday. I've got to keep trying something to get through to him so we can be BFF. :>

I lead Axel around a bit down in the pasture and he looked like he was moving fine but as soon as we got back up to the barn he was barely moving. I tacked him up to see if I could get him to atleast walk around a bit but when I got on he just stood there and did not want to move. So after a few steps I got off.

I carried the saddle back down to the pasture and tacked up Corey. We went for a little ride across the creek but he was kind of scared and didn't want to go up the hill on his own. So we rode around back on the pasture side and jumped over a fallen log a few times. I decided to try up in the front pasture with one of the poles. It must have been just low enough, he didn't really jump the pole, just trotted over it. We had some nice canters but he was getting quite peeved at me for keeping him away from his herd. So after he tried a few times to wiggle me off I called it quits. He didn't even wait for the apple I had, as soon as the tack was off he was out of there.

Hopefully Axel will be feeling better on Saturday so we can go for a ride after I work with Cody some more. Seems like Corey is into jumping a bit on a more cross country type trail so I'll have to see what we can do about getting some of the logs cleared off in the woods.

No comments: