Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Pretend Dressage Lesson

Tricia is off camping in preparation for her wedding this weekend ;) so Axel and I were on our own for our Dressage lesson today. After shooing all the other horses out of the paddock, I groomed Cody and Axel. The bugs are still pretty bad so I wiped them down with fly spray as well. For some reason Cody was the only one still wearing his flymask. I guess today everyone got their West Nile booster shots.

So Axel and I just made a few rounds in the pasture going in both directions. Got a few almost decent trots but I wasn't pushing him too hard. I wanted to try and ride around and only use the reins if I absolutely had to, but Axel wasn't playing my game. He was playing the "go back to the paddock" game.

I chatted with Tom a bit. He's got plans to have Steph out to work with Kiko and Kalani. He just got back from a trip to Alaska so he was telling me about that. I hung out for a bit and took a few photos and let Beau out of the barn. Hopefully I can get Jeff out to ride on Sunday or something.

No comments: