Saturday, February 21, 2009

Didn't Ride After All

I ran out to the barn before heading up to the U for a NARHA State Conference. After a little work to get my car stuck in the un-plowed driveway I grabbed Axel to go for a quick ride. Firstly it took me forever to groom him. The rain or snow or whatever it was had formed lots of icicles and snowballs all over. Then by the time I was done grooming he was soaking wet. I walked him with the wool blanket on for a while and thought instead of getting out the saddle I'd just jump on bareback and use the wool blanket to soak up the wet. As I was trying to figure out how I would go about getting on his back Axel got impatient and started acting like an idiot. I finally gave up on that idea and just did a little bit of ground work. On my way back out I stopped and chatted with Jason for a while, he mentioned that all the horses were on edge the night before so apparently Axel was still feeling that.

Cody was also covered in ice but he had been standing out in the sun and was to the point where he was steaming just standing there. I was running behind at this point so I just said hi to him and went on my way.

No comments: