Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Dirty Ponies

Cody and Vinnie hang out

It's been so nice out lately I was able to groom the horses outside in the fresh air. And luckily I made it to the barn before it got dark making that task possible. I gave Cody some extra food while I took care of Axel. Cody even let Vinnie share some of his feed. Axel's rain rot doesn't seem to be getting any worse. It's hard to tell if it's going away or not but I think a full week of no rain and sun and the chlorhexidine should be working. After I groomed him I scrubbed some of his "spots" again just to make sure.

Axel sneaks some grass

Cody's rain rot wasn't as bad to begin with so I didn't do anything more to him. Most of his scabs are gone and he hasn't lost any patches of hair. I figured he was going to be a big crusty mess after all the sweating on Sunday but he wasn't that bad. It'd be great if we had some heated water to do baths but they are just going to have to wait until next summer. Dirty ponies.

No comments: