Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Thank You "Beery" Much!

I was going to scrub some horses last night but the yard is stacked with leaves so they trumped the mud and rain rot. Wednesday, I promise! But I did run out and drop off a case of beer as a "thank you for the heroic rescue of 3 stranded trail riders, their horses, and the trailer." J said she was just glad to help but I figure who can't use an extra case of beer, right? I grabbed my grooming bag with the intent to sterilize all the brushes, when I'm going to get a chance to do that before tomorrow, I'm not sure.

I checked on the muddy horses' backs and the rain rot isn't gone gone but it doesn't seem to be getting any worse and Axel hasn't gained any new bald spots. It's not a trip to the barn with out passing around some snacks so I brought out 3 apples. Vinnie got his first as he was waiting by the gate. He eats very daintily so I shooed away Axel while he finished his apple. Cody got his next and Axel sulked in the corner until he got his. He's still chasing Vinnie around but Vinnie is starting to fight back a little. They have a sheet on him to help protect him from loosing chunks of hair and skin. Axel has done a pretty decent job ripping the blanket to shreds and it's a heavy duty New Zealand canvas sheet. But it might be giving Vinnie enough courage to throw some kicks in Axel's direction. If he'd make contact one of these times maybe Axel would settle down a bit.

No comments: