Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Down the Road!

Untitled
So I didn't think we had gotten that much rain. Apparently it rains more at J&J. Holy mud. I was feeling pretty good about Axel not having gotten mud fever too bad but I might have spoke too soon. I didn't pull him out to look at all, I figured no reason to do that til it dries up a bit. I ran out at lunch and Cody was conveniently placed by the gate so I didn't have to walk in the mud. I was too lazy to try and get the mud off his feet so we ventured down the road without boots. Surprisingly he went down the driveway almost at a normal walk speed. He was a little looky but he was way more willing to head away from the barn than he has been in the past. Don't get me wrong, we weren't moving anywhere quickly but he was fairly calm about life. We stuck to the ditch for the most part until it got too wet. Made it down to the neighbors mailbox and then turned and went past the driveway to the other neighbors first drive way.
Proof of our first ride outside of the year
I did put on my spurs but I didn't have to really use them much. I just figured maybe having them would give him a little clearer instructions. We mostly worked on "walking straight and facing forward means no contact on the reins and no heels in my sides." So all in all it was a decent ride. And gorgeous out to boot.

No comments: