Thursday, May 31, 2012

Lunch at the barn

Untitled
Another lunchtime trip to the barn. Cody was on the far end of the pasture again. Axel was waiting at the water though. Heh. I really should go out there and groom him up and give him some attention, poor guy. Jesse is back out with the boys so that was nice to see. I rode around the arena for a bit. I think one of my problems is that I can't commit to working on one thing at a time. I started working on trotting and staying on the rail and staying in the trot and then we'd canter so I thought maybe I'd work on that. Heh. We did get the left lead a few times, I think he dropped out of if a couple times though, it was hard to tell. But we ended with a left lead canter, once he picked it up I let him have his head and tried to just keep him up with my legs. It still feels really wild but I suppose we work on getting the lead consistently first then we work on easing it up a bit. I was daring so I jumped on bareback from the picnic table and rode him down to the first gate. I didn't try opening the gate while mounted, that just wasn't going to happen with that gate I don't think. Not without a lot more work on sidepassing and the like.

No comments: