Friday, October 21, 2005

Dreary Day

Well it was a dreary day today but wasn't raining so I went out to visit with the boys. Gotta get in all my visiting while I can before my contract job starts. It was pretty mellow in the paddock today. The boys are really starting to fit in, even with Corey. He still moves them around but they are getting along a lot better. I just did some grooming today including Rusty and Corey and a little bit of Kakei. Everyone was just hanging around today. Axel and I visited the roundpen just to see what that was all about. Mostly he just thought it was a good place to eat some grass. After I watch the Parelli 7 Games video again maybe we'll start playing some games. It might be hard while there's still grass though!

Tom and I took a walk down the back pasture. The horses are going to be staying up front mostly now. Apparently someone had some issues yesterday afternoon. Several of the metal fence posts were either out of the ground completely or bent at 90 degree angles. The bottom rope of electrobraid was busted completely in one place and probably a good 50 feet or more was drug across the pasture and hung up on several trees. My assumption was that someone was goofing around and got caught in the fence and then proceeded to freak out and run around until the fence came off. That's my guess at least. None of the horses had any rope burn or anything out of the ordinary. So it's a mystery who was the culprit. We did find some hoof prints on the wrong side of the fence in one place. But it only looked like one horse worth of prints. Perhaps in the freaking out there was some crossing over the fence.

Tom has some plans to split the hill pasture into another section so he can rotate pastures easier. And also hopefully get some fence up on the other side of the creek for another pasture. In any case he might have to electrify the fence around the back pasture to keep the kids from getting too close to the fence!

No comments: