Saturday, October 22, 2005

One More Nice Autumn Day

Cody having a snackTurned out to be a pretty nice day today. They kept threatening rain but it was sunny for most the afternoon. After WCR I went out to visit the boys. Surprise surprise! I tacked up Axel and we went for a little ride.

Axel has a snack
This time I thought we'd go down the dirt road a bit and see what was there. Most of the way it was a nice grassy ditch to ride in, so that was good. Near the end of the dead end we came upon another friend. A nice little roan horse. Not sure if it was a girl or a boy but it had some really pretty eyes. And Axel was very interested. But we managed to keep it in control and he tried his best to pay attention to me and not the other horse. The whole trip only took us about a half hour to 45 minutes. So just a nice short ride.

Cody waits for an invitation
Afterwards I passed out some carrots we had leftover from WCR. Everyone was quite appreciative. Even the boys. I remember one of the first times I met the boys I brought them some carrots, that's what the school horses are always excited over. Axel just looked at me. Cody grabbed the carrot and spit it out on the ground. I took that to mean they'd rather have apples, they never spit those out. But now it seems carrots are a welcome snack. So I hung out for a while and hung out with the herd (yes I am a dork). Cody was almost eating out of the same hay bin as Corey. Corey was eating out of the feeder and Cody was eating hay that had fallen on the ground next to the feeder.. There was some shifting around for a while. Then Cody ended up standing back a bit just waiting. He looked like he was waiting to be invited to eat with Corey and Kiko. It was cute.

My boys are sweeties. Axel has really "joined up" with me but Cody still thinks I'm just that annoying girl that keeps putting a saddle on him. Hopefully playing some of the games this winter will help him trust me more. Then he and I can go for rides alone like Axel and I have been.

No comments: