Monday, October 17, 2005

I Love Fall

Yellow LeavesI hate wasting these really nice days so I went out to see the boys again today. I can send out resumes at night, right? Heh. I figured today I'd see if Axel wanted to go for a ride, just me and him. I groomed for a while and started tacking him up. Got a phone call from a temp agency about a possible job. While I was on the phone, all the other horses thought they'd try and help by stealing my brushes. I had to play tug of war with Axel to get the mane brush out of his mouth!


Through the woodsTook us a few tries to stand still at the mounting block, but not too bad. Going down the hill took a little more encouragement than normal but we made it down to the bridge before Axel started calling for his buddies. I dismounted and opened the gate and we walked across the bridge. I closed the gate and managed to mount from the ground (yay me) without too much difficulty. We walked up the hill and stopped to visit Tom who was cutting low branches. Then we made our way through the woods and then out in the clearing. Wandered around the clearing a few times. Axel called a couple times to his friends that stayed behind. Other than some calling he seemed pretty calm about it. We kept our trip different from other trips so we don't get into any patterns. After a while we made our way back down the hill and across the bridge. Took me a little longer to remount from the ground but it went ok. Then we walked back up the pasture hill and met up with the other horses. They were pretty happy to see us. Kakei's always concerned when one of her herd is missing. We walked up the hill and then tried some trotting and cantering in the front pasture. That was a bit more difficult so we'll have to work on that. We visited the round pen for a few minutes and then we finally went back into the paddock and finished up.

So all in all it went really well. I think Axel might be a good prospect for taking on trail rides out to different places. Cody might need some more coaxing before he's ready to leave the herd by himself. He's really worried even when I just bring him up to groom by himself. Wednesday we have plans to go riding with Tom and one of the other boarders. Hopefully this weekend my parents will come meet the boys as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey! this is awesome... even better than LJ. *LOVE IT*

scotty