Friday, August 01, 2008

From Cody's Rider

Now that Cody seems to be feeling good in his fancy boots, his rider decided to take him out to ease him back into riding. Here's what she had to say about it:

"Your pony is moving well! I went out to ride today, and Cody looks very good. I think those boots are really helping him move out. Herd-bound, he is, however--we walked up from the pasture by the creek, and suddenly a shrill whinny pierced my eardrum and the entire thundering herd came a-runnin' up the hill at full-tilt. I did coax him away and took him out on a short-ish ride that he wasn't entirely happy about when he found out he was the only one going. There was a point when he went in reverse, hard, despite any ideas I may have had about what we were going to be doing. But, we worked in the "mowed circle" for quite sometime, walking, trying to get him to bend and flex a bit, and convince him that I had better ideas of what to do than he did. There was the predictable prancing at the end, but for the most part, I think it was pretty constructive. I think he'll really start to calm down with more practice. Did not bute, he came back to the barn sound and relieved to have re-joined the party :-) I hope to get out this weekend sometime, so more updates to come."

No comments: