Monday, June 29, 2009

So Many Flies

so many flies


Ran out to the barn quick before the Tanbark horse show on Friday. I couldn't really ride as I put my back out on Thursday plus I didn't have much time. So all I did was lug some fly spray, swat, a brush, and some apples into the pasture. Axel apparently found something sharp to scratch on and was looking like he got in a barn fight. Couple gouges out of his rear and a big scratch on his chin. I put some swat on both horses' man bits because the flies had been biting so bad they were full of scabs. Axel was mighty appreciative and thought I was there for a scratch so he obliged by lifting his leg up for me. I guess horses can't scratch their own bellies/inner thighs very easily. I decided they needed their fly masks on again. Who knows if Axel will keep his on but I didn't want Cody's nose getting any more sun burn even if there were some clouds in the weekend forecast.

Funny how now that Jeff is in town I can't seem to get out to the barn as easily. I might run out tonight when Jeff gets home from work (I took a sick day). I'm waiting for his UPS shipment so I'm not able to leave til that or he gets here. We have to run up and drop of his parent's pickup so it probably won't be a long barn trip. I should ride or at least lunge, it's cool out but I'm not sure if my back is ready for a ride yet or not. I should play it safe and just lunge, Axel needs the exercise anyway.

No comments: