Friday, June 19, 2009

They Love Dinner

happy ponies


It was grand central station at the barn on Friday. Hunter girls were giving their horses a bath and getting ready to go to a show, barn owner was getting ready to go camping, and another boarder was doing some ground work with her horse. I had Cody in to ride a bit in the arena and he had his lazy pants on. We did some lunging (lazy) and then tried some riding (also lazy). After a lot of work we finally got some decent trotting but we could not get a canter to save our lives, just trot trot trot. Not sure what that's about. We did get some backing up under saddle, nothing mind blowing but steps backwards nonetheless. He stood patiently while I chatted with the other boarder and the barn owner.

The barn owner asked if I would feed my horses when I was done since he was leaving to go camping. So when I was done cleaning up and reorganizing my tack I went out to feed. Axel was far off in the pasture and when he saw me with the bucket of grain he came running. And I mean running, all while knickering. It was pretty hilarious. Goofy chubby horse running to dinner.

No comments: