Monday, August 03, 2009

A New Adventure

moved my saddles to the lower tack box since according to one of the barn owners I have lots of crap. :)


I was going to try and see if Axel and I could ride down to the county fairgrounds tonight to snoop in on A's formation practice. Luckily we didn't make it because A wasn't there! Axel was bundle of energy tonight though. He trotted out from the driveway going away from the barn. It took us forever to cross Hwy 3, we had to wait for an opening in the traffic. Things got a little slow after that and especially after we passed a couple horses in a pasture. Once we got sort of out in the middle of nowhere Axel started calling and seemed a bit nervous that we were all alone. We made it out to the train tracks and could see Denmark. I thought about maybe going up along the tracks but it was pretty rocky and I figured it'd be better if we weren't alone so we turned around and headed from home.

Axel really moved out on the way home. He probably walked faster than he ever has. Usually he doesn't change speed when we head towards home. It didn't take quite as long to cross the highway this time and instead of leading him across the road I rode. He was being a little pokey so I squeezed him a bit and we did a nice little parade trot across the highway and down the road.

A had just pulled up when we returned and she was getting Vinnie ready to go so we waited around and went down the road with them. Vinnie is definitely more Axel's pace than the TWHs. We'll have to ride with him more often. One of the other boarders has moved her horse to her trainer's place so that opened up a box in the tack room. J told me I should put my stuff in there since I have so much "crap." At least now I don't have to haul my saddle up above my head. There will be a little bit of rearranging in order to get out my english saddle but it's not all out piled on top of a box any more.

No comments: