Monday, August 31, 2009

Bridles and Trailers

Cody tries out his new saddle blanket. Too bad he forgot about good posture.


Friday I ran out to the barn before leaving town to try Cody's new headstall on. And his new saddle blanket. I also had to grab some stuff for Amanda's birthday. I groomed Cody quickly and put on his new tack so I could take a photo. He looks pretty snazzy in all the new gear even though orange on a chestnut horse is probably not kosher.

Then this weekend we spent starting to fix up the trailer. I bought all new lights, most of which were sealed LEDs and Jeff worked to replace those. So now all the lights work - always a pain in the butt with trailers. We also torched off the old broken jack and took apart the bent axle and broken leaf spring. Hopefully if all the new parts arrive this week we'll get it all put back together next weekend and get it on the road.

While they're working on the hard stuff I'll probably try and scrub the ceiling tiles in the dressing room, they're kind of gross. And I'll try and fix the screens in the windows, they got pushed out and let in bugs. I've gotta pick up at least some trailer ties before the trail ride. After that my list of supplies gets pretty long. But none of it is necessity unless we're camping.

No comments: